Own in Ogden is a loan program to assist home buyers with the down payment or closing costs of purchasing a home. This program provides $3,000 or $5,000 in down payment assistance to target areas within Ogden City.
• Loans can be used for down payment, closing costs, or principal reduction toward the first mortgage loan balance.
• Income guidelines apply. Income Guidelines 2013
• Borrower(s) must provide $500 of his/her own money toward the purchase.
• Ogden City sworn Police Officers and Ogden City Firefighters can receive a $10,000 loan when buying their primary residence within the overall target area.
• Zero interest, deferred payment that is repaid in full in the event of sale or if the borrower discontinues property as primary residence.
For details please refer to the Own in Ogden Guidelines 03/01/13(includes application) or you may contact Ogden City Community Development for further assistance. Own in Ogden funds are available on a first come, first serve basis.